Links to road trip blogs/travelogs or other friends’ blogs regardless of subject
- Denny G's Road Trips - Hit the road with Denny Gibson and follow his road trip adventures!
- Down the Road - Roads and life and how roads are like life (by Jim Grey)
- Hooked on Route 66 - Roamin' Rich: Road warrior and explorer. Lives to search out old roads and find their hidden treasures.
- Route 66 Chick - Meanderings and musings from author/historian Cheryl Eichar Jett.
- Thoughts from a Route 66 Business Owner - Blog of Laurel Kane, owner of Afton Station on Route 66 in Afton, Oklahoma
- Two Lane Roadie - Road trip fun and adventures with writer / photographer Kim Ulmanis
Road Trip Resources
US Highway/travel sites and other pages of interest to roadies
- AMERICAN ROAD Magazine - AMERICAN ROAD® is a quarterly, all-color, 84-page magazine that celebrates America's two-lane highways and the people and places that make them great.
- Arizona Route 66 Association
- California Route 66 Association
- Historic Route 66 - Established in 1994, historic66 is the oldest Route 66 resource on the web. It is dedicated to provide visitors with the needed knowledge and information to plan a trip on the legendary Route 66
- Lincoln Highway Association
- National Historic 66 Federation - The worldwide, non-profit organization dedicated to directing the public's attention to the importance of U.S. Highway Route 66 in America's cultural heritage and acquiring the federal, state and private support necessary to preserve the historic landmark
- New Mexico Route 66 Association
- Oklahoma Route 66 Association
- Old Route 66 Association of Texas
- RoadDog's Roadlog Blog
- Roadside America - Travel tools and guide to unusual attractions, tourist traps, weird vacations, and road trips.
- Roadside Architecture
- Route 66 Alliance
- Route 66 Association of Illinois
- Route 66 Association of Missouri
- Route 66 News - A clearinghouse of news and events along historic Route 66, the Mother Road.
Links to websites for roadside attractions, shops, motels, diners, etc.
- Monterey Non-Smoker's Motel - Classic motel on Route 66 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Munger Moss Motel - Classic mom & pop motel on Route 66 in Lebanon, Missouri owned by Bob & Ramona Lehman
Attractions & Shopping
- HARE IT IS: Henry's Rabbit Ranch - Rabbits (actual bunnies) and VWs! Loads of 66 souvenirs and always a nice visit with Rich - stop by!
- Old Riverton Store - Operating before Route 66's inception, Old Riverton store has groceries, a deli with excellent sandwiches, and Route 66 souvenirs
RVs / Camping / Fulltiming
Links to camping/RV/fulltiming blogs and sites
- Alan & Carie's T@B camper blog - Photos and stories of Alan & Carie's travels in their T@B travel trailer
- Dane & Elaine's Travels with Sputnik - Travel along with Dane and Elaine in their T@B - and of course, Shamus the Wondercat!!
- Living the RV Dream - Website for fulltime RVers John & Kathy Huggins, hosts of a weekly podcast of the same name
- RV Dreams - Website dedicated to the use of RVs in the pursuit of a dream lifestyle.
- Streamin' - Silver Mine and His - Tom & Ella's Airstream blog
- Technomadia - Full time travelers since 2006, exploring the intersection of mobility, tech, career, community and serendipity. Now: Touring in a vintage bus!
- The Small Trailer Enthusiast - News gathering site aimed at those who have an interest in small travel trailers
Links to photography sites, blogs, and galleries
- Amber Victoria Art & Photography
- DADart Photography - Images & Observations by Duane Dart
- GorillaPod - Flexible camera tripods
- Ken Rockwell Photography
- Photogene for iPad & Photogene2 for iPhone - Photo editing apps for iPad and iPhone
- Sony NEX Cameras - Ingeniously compact interchangeable lens cameras
Gadgets & Technology
Links to gadgets and technology stuff; mostly travel related but some general tech gadgets too
- Bitstrips on Facebook - Way too much fun app for making cartoon characters of yourself and friends and creating status updates and comics
- DeLorme - DeLorme produces market-leading GPS, digital map, and mapping software solutions for government, military, business, and consumer markets.
- Trimble Outdoors - A suite of applications I use, including the website and iPad app for trip planning and iPhone app for trip tracking, waypoint marking and photo geotagging