Friday Happy Dance…
After waiting all week to hear back from Tom at Serro Scotty trailers, we got in touch with him today to find out about the modifications for our new HiLander that we’d like done in production. All three were OK’d at NO COST!! With the total retro look of the exterior from the colors to the design, we wanted to do the same with the interior. First, the interior on a standard HiLander looks like this:
We’re going with a different flooring. Instead of the tan stuff, we’re going with the highly retro black & white checkered floor, which will look similar to this old Shasta trailer:
The next issue was with upholstery. The 2010 HiLanders have a brown, paisley looking design that neither of us cared for. The folks at Sierra Motor Corp. in Bristol, IN, where the Scottys are built, will be sending us some photos of some solid colors for us to choose from.
The last request was for a Formica boomerang design for the counter and table tops. The one we thought would tie in with the exterior would be the aqua colored boomerang. A chrome edging around the counters and tables will also compliment the boomerang quite well.
So that’s the plan! Happy to say our HiLander is now officially ordered and it sounds like one they’ve already started will be earmarked for us. ETA 3 weeks! Stay tuned…
- October 9-11, 2015: Prophetstown State Park
- September 12-14, 2015: Route 66 RV Trip
- Well, we’re movin’ on up!!
- *SOLD* 2010 Serro Scotty HiLander Travel Trailer
- June 7-9, 2013: Mounds State Park – Anderson, Indiana
- Season’s Greetings, Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas!
- November 12-13, 2011: Lieber State Recreation Area
- November 5-6, 2011: Little Farm on the River
- January 14-15, 2011: Mounds State Park
- October 23-24, 2010: Charlestown State Park