March 2004: New York, NY
We’re back visiting our family in Connecticut during Amber’s spring break, so I decided to take Amber and her friend Meaghan to New York City for two days.
It was cold and dreary, but no precipitation the first day. We first had lunch at Junior’s in Brooklyn, where we had way too much food – but what we had was great. Of course, I washed it down with a chocolate egg cream (the real deal – made with Fox’s U-Bet syrup, thank you very much!). We barely had room for dessert, but not having a slice of cheesecake from Junior’s simply isn’t an option. I had a slice of Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake, which is absolutely amazing, decadent and delicious.
After we left Junior’s completely and actually (over) satiated, we went back to Manhattan and mostly hung around midtown. We went to Toys R Us, the Plaza Hotel, and Times Square. Later, we drove around the city, and back to Brooklyn. Amber wanted to see the house which was used in the movie Moonstruck as the home of the Castorini family. She has a fascination with this house!
The next day it was still dreary, but raining a little, so we drove around and headed back to Connecticut.
Slideshow of All Photos
For more details about a particular photo, click on it in the slideshow and it will open in my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157609300326026″ width=”500″]
- May 10-19, 2013: Overview-East Bound and Down
- May 18, 2013: Day 9 – East Bound and Down
- May 17, 2013: Day 8 – East Bound and Down
- May 16, 2013: Day 7 – East Bound and Down
- May 15, 2013: Day 6 – East Bound and Down
- May 14, 2013: Day 5 – East Bound and Down
- May 2013: East Bound and Down – Prelude
- Movie Filming Locations
- Moonstruck Filming Locations
- Saturday Night Fever Filming Locations