October 2003: Missouri Route 66 & Illinois U.S. 40
Amber and I decided to take a weekend trip and head to St. Louis, Missouri to visit Six Flags. When we lived back east, we always enjoyed going to Six Flags’ Great Adventure, particularly during Fright Fest. So we thought we’d try it here.
Unfortunately, we got rained out, so we opted to do other things instead. We did a little 66’ing and visited the Riverside Reptile Ranch. Leo the Lion grew much bigger and we got to hold snakes and alligators! yech
We also went to the Museum of Transport in St. Louis, which was really cool. They have an outdoor exhibit on trains (which we passed on due to the rain), but plenty inside. Boats, cars, buses, trailers…even a portion of the Coral Court Motel partially rebuilt, with many items from the motel as well.
We cruised back to Indianapolis on US 40.
Slideshow of All Photos
For more details about a particular photo, click on it in the slideshow and it will open in my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157609153553855″ width=”500″]
- September 12-14, 2015: Route 66 RV Trip
- June 20, 2015: Cozy Dog Run
- July 9, 2014: Route 66 – Seligman – Needles – Williams
- July 8, 2014: Route 66 – Holbrook to Seligman, Arizona
- October 17 – 19, 2014: CubaFest
- July 7, 2014: Albuquerque, New Mexico to Holbrook, Arizona
- July 6, 2014: Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Easy Rider Filming Locations
- Wild Hogs Filming Locations
- July 3-5, 2014: Route 66 – Riverton, Kansas to Amarillo, Texas