Michael Wallis Booksigning at Hit the Road Travel Store
On June 21, 2001, I had the pleasure of attending a reading and booksigning by Michael Wallis of the updated version of his wonderful book, Route 66: The Mother Road. The updated version was done for the 75th Anniversary of Route 66 (and the entire U.S. Highway System, for that matter).
The booksigning was held at a very cool travel store called Hit the Road. Unfortunately, it closed several years ago. I shopped there alot to try to support the efforts of the two owners, Annice Tatken and Maureen Geoghegan.
I had the pleasure of meeting again (or for the first time) many roadies whom I would see often over the years: Johnny Miller, Lulu, and Bob Harmon.
I was completely blown away by the power of his speaking in person. I had, of course, seen his video many times over the years, and which was the inspiration for my own Route 66 journey. It was a pleasure meeting Michael and Suzanne for the first time.
Slideshow of All Photos
For more details about a particular photo, click on it in the slideshow and it will open in my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157609148844230″ width=”500″]
- September 12-14, 2015: Route 66 RV Trip
- June 20, 2015: Cozy Dog Run
- The Fugitive Filming Locations
- July 9, 2014: Route 66 – Seligman – Needles – Williams
- July 8, 2014: Route 66 – Holbrook to Seligman, Arizona
- October 17 – 19, 2014: CubaFest
- July 7, 2014: Albuquerque, New Mexico to Holbrook, Arizona
- July 6, 2014: Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Easy Rider Filming Locations
- Wild Hogs Filming Locations