July 2001: Oklahoma Route 66 Cruise
Pat and I decided to attend the Oklahoma Route 66 Association’s annual cruise this year, held on July 13 – 14, 2001. Cruisers have the option of travelling eastbound or westbound, with festivities centrally planned in Yukon.
I had just moved to the Chicagoland area back in January and Pat lives in Indianapolis, so we thought about the most efficient way we could get together, to start our drive to Oklahoma. I was able to get a very inexpensive flight from Midway Airport to Indianapolis, so Pat picked me up there and we headed out to Oklahoma.
Since we were coming from Indiana and didn’t have alot of time, we obviously cruised west, starting in Miami, Oklahoma at Waylan’s Ku-Ku Burgers (they have great crushed ice!!).
Ending in Yukon, there was a sock hop and car show, which was alot of fun. On Sunday morning, I had to get to Tulsa for a return flight to Midway. We had difficulty finding the airport and I arrived at the airport with minutes to spare before my flight.
Slideshow of All Photos
For more details about a particular photo, click on it in the slideshow and it will open in my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157609166118819″ width=”500″]
- September 12-14, 2015: Route 66 RV Trip
- June 20, 2015: Cozy Dog Run
- July 9, 2014: Route 66 – Seligman – Needles – Williams
- July 8, 2014: Route 66 – Holbrook to Seligman, Arizona
- October 17 – 19, 2014: CubaFest
- July 7, 2014: Albuquerque, New Mexico to Holbrook, Arizona
- July 6, 2014: Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Easy Rider Filming Locations
- Wild Hogs Filming Locations
- July 3-5, 2014: Route 66 – Riverton, Kansas to Amarillo, Texas