May 15, 2013: Day 6 – East Bound and Down
Above is today’s trip map created using my Trimble Outdoors Navigator iPhone app.
Click the link above for a bigger map.
We left New Haven this morning and met up with another friend for coffee. We couldn’t resist stopping off at the Big Dipper in Prospect for some ice cream!
then we started northwest through Connecticut, meandering on a mix of state and US routes into Massachusetts on US 7. We picked up 23, which crossed into New York. In Craryville, we found the Chief Martindale Diner. Cool spot and great food; but the owner is very touchy about photos. I asked the waitress if it was Ok to take a few shots, she said no problem, but then came back out, saying the chef/owner didn’t want any photos being taken. Hmmm…
We continued on 23/23B until we reached Hudson, New York. Along the way, I’d post things to friends and family on Facebook and at this point, my cousin Leigh suggested that we visit Olana, which was the Persian style home of artist Frederic Edwin Church. Glad we stopped! Even though the building was closed, the site was open and had beautiful views of the Hudson.
We booked a Priceline hotel, and ended up with the west side of Schenectady.
As we crossed into Albany, I saw a neat theatre called the Palace that I had to test out the HDR camera on!
We made our way to the hotel and got some sleep. Tomorrow, on to Lake George!
Pat & Jennifer
Below is a slideshow of all of today’s photos. Click any photo to stop the slideshow and view the photos on my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157633513798365″ width=”600″]
- May 10-19, 2013: Overview-East Bound and Down
- May 18, 2013: Day 9 – East Bound and Down
- May 17, 2013: Day 8 – East Bound and Down
- May 16, 2013: Day 7 – East Bound and Down
- May 14, 2013: Day 5 – East Bound and Down
- May 13, 2013: Day 4 – East Bound and Down
- May 12, 2013: Day 3 – East Bound and Down
- May 2013: East Bound and Down – Prelude
- Holy Land U.S.A. – Waterbury, Connecticut
- Mystic Pizza Filming Locations