Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Filming Locations
Glenbrook North High School – 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, Illinois
In this scene, Ferris Bueller’s (Matthew Broderick) girlfriend Sloan (Mia Sara) is escorted outside by Principal Ed Rooney (Jeffrey Jones) to wait for her “father” to pick her up from school after the death of her grandmother. Of course, it’s a scheme to get her out of school to meet Ferris and his best friend Cameron (Alan Ruck) for a day off!
“Oh Sloan dear…hurry along now!”
SAVE FERRIS – Water Tower – Northbrook, Illinois
Word around town spreads quickly of Ferris’ major “illness”, prompting the painting of this water tower to help the community rally around this sick youth.
Koenig & Strey Real Estate – Winnetka, Illinois
Ferris’ mother Katie’s real estate office, which is actually a real estate office (the same as shown in the film).
Glencoe Beach – Glencoe, Illinois
After taking the 1961 Ferrari GT California owned by Cameron’s father, and seeing the mileage that the parking lot attendants added to it, Cameron goes into a catatonic state.
- June 20, 2015: Cozy Dog Run
- The Fugitive Filming Locations
- 2014 Illinois Route 66 Motor Tour – 25th Anniversary
- March 1-3, 2013: Grease is the Word!
- September 1-3, 2012: Lake Michigan Loop Redux
- Mystic Pizza Filming Locations
- Tri-State Route 66 Festival — The Prelude
- The Blues Brothers Filming Locations
- Movie Filming Locations
- Brieties Again – Greenville, Illinois