October 2005: Chicago, Illinois
We spent a beautiful weekend in Chicago – blessed with nice, warm weather in late October!
We took the Metra train in from the suburbs – as we did, we saw that there was a some sort of filming going on at Union Station. We found out it was for “Flags of Our Fathers” directed by Clint Eastwood.
We walked a couple blocks away for breakfast at Lou Mitchell’s and spent the rest of the day taking lots of photos! We visited the site of the Eastland disaster, the site where Public Enemy #1 John Dillinger was killed, and the site of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre.
Slideshow of All Photos
For more details about a particular photo, click on it in the slideshow and it will open in my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157609303535990″ width=”500″]
- June 20, 2015: Cozy Dog Run
- The Fugitive Filming Locations
- 2014 Illinois Route 66 Motor Tour – 25th Anniversary
- March 1-3, 2013: Grease is the Word!
- September 1-3, 2012: Lake Michigan Loop Redux
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off Filming Locations
- Tri-State Route 66 Festival — The Prelude
- The Blues Brothers Filming Locations
- Movie Filming Locations
- Brieties Again – Greenville, Illinois