The Smithsonian Institution – Washington, D.C.
On our way back to Indiana from Connecticut, we decided to go by way of Washington, DC. I wanted to stop at the Smithsonian and see the “America on the Move” Exhibit which actually contained a portion of U.S. 66 pavement from Oklahoma.
The traffic from Connecticut to Washington DC was horrendous, but once we got there, everything was fine and I even managed to get a parking spot not too far from the museum.
Slideshow of All Photos
For more details about a particular photo, click on it in the slideshow and it will open in my Flickr site.
[flickrslideshow acct_name=”roadtripmemories” id=”72157607634488787″ width=”500″]
- September 12-14, 2015: Route 66 RV Trip
- June 20, 2015: Cozy Dog Run
- July 9, 2014: Route 66 – Seligman – Needles – Williams
- July 8, 2014: Route 66 – Holbrook to Seligman, Arizona
- October 17 – 19, 2014: CubaFest
- July 7, 2014: Albuquerque, New Mexico to Holbrook, Arizona
- July 6, 2014: Amarillo, Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Easy Rider Filming Locations
- Wild Hogs Filming Locations
- July 3-5, 2014: Route 66 – Riverton, Kansas to Amarillo, Texas