Our New Camping Buddy…
Many folks who have vintage Serro Scotty trailers also have a Scottish Terrier for a pet. Why not? The Scotty trailers have adorned a black terrier in their logo since the early stages of the company’s existence in the late 1950’s.
Back in December after we made the trek to Transfer, Pennsylvania to talk with the folks at Serro Scotty Worldwide about getting a HiLander, we were pretty sure after this trip we’d one day get one. On the return trip home, we found ourselves at an antique mall somewhere west of Columbus, Ohio on US 40. We walked around a bit to stretch and look at some of the booths. It was there we knew that one day we were going to have that trailer. For $15, we had our confirmation. A little fellow we affectionately named Winton:
We never wanted to get a Scottish Terrier, let alone any dog, but this little guy offered us no mess and no noise. The perfect pet. Now that our HiLander is in production, I decided it was time for Winton to get a little makeover. So, to coincide with the Serro Scotty logo, I gave him a nice black coat of paint and painted his little bow tie red:
Winton will be with us on all our future trips in our Scotty, and will find himself sitting under the awning watching the world go by…just don’t offer to play fetch!
- October 9-11, 2015: Prophetstown State Park
- September 12-14, 2015: Route 66 RV Trip
- Well, we’re movin’ on up!!
- *SOLD* 2010 Serro Scotty HiLander Travel Trailer
- June 7-9, 2013: Mounds State Park – Anderson, Indiana
- August 9-12, 2012: Kerola Campers Big Little Rally, Transfer, Pennsylvania
- Season’s Greetings, Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas!
- November 12-13, 2011: Lieber State Recreation Area
- November 5-6, 2011: Little Farm on the River
- January 14-15, 2011: Mounds State Park